Titanium Visa – About the Card
Issued by Peoples Trust Company, the Titanium Visa Card is a pre-loadable (prepaid) debit card. Please note that the Titanium Visa is not a Credit card. You can order a Titanium Visa online (see below) or at any Money Mart store where you can get a pick up a temporary card instantly. A notable advantage of this card, is that it allows you to shop online and offline.
The Titanium Visa Card: How to Sign Up
- Sign up for a Titanium Visa card here: https://www.mytitanium.ca/signup/signup
- Input your first name, last name and date of birth
- Read and confirm that you agree to the Cardholders Agreement
- Select a plan – The Bundle Fee Plan or Standard Fee Plan
- Add funds to your card
- Activate your Titanium Visa: Online (which takes 24 hours after activation) or by Phone (which is immediate). To activate by phone, call the 1-800 number on the back of the card.
To qualify for the card, the applicant must be 16 years of age (or over) and be a permanent resident of Canada. You’ll need a valid address and 2 pieces of ID (1 government-issued and 1 photo). If you are applying online, you will need a funding bank account.
Things to Note about the Card
- It has a monthly maintenance fee of $12.99 under the Bundle Fee Plan or $6.50 under the Standard Fee Plan
- You can check your account balance and transaction history here.
- Only residents of Canada are eligible for a Titanium Prepaid Visa card
- No application or credit check is required for this card
- Merchants are unable to view the balance on the card.
- If your Your Titanium Visa card was declined for a purchase, it may be for one of the following reasons:
- The available balance was less than the purchase amount
- These is a pending authorization such as a gas station, hotel, car rental.
NEXTWAVE TITANIUM+® is a registered service mark of Nextwave Card Corp. VISA® is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. TITANIUM+® is a registered service mark of Nextwave Card Corp.